Find out how to get free daily downwinder transportation and five free dinners on your next winter kiting getaway!
If you’re starting to plan your winter kiting getaway, Green Hat Kiteboarding has done the research for you! We’ve partnered with a resort in one of the best kiting spots in Baja Mexico — Palapas Ventana. Located just 35 minutes southeast of La Paz between La Ventana and El Sargento in La Ventana Bay in the Sea of Cortez, the resort has been called “one of the best places to stay” in La Ventana by iKiteSurf Magazine. It has everything a kiter needs for a relaxing, all-inclusive winter kiting getaway!
Start your mornings with a delicious breakfast at the onsite restaurant, and then enjoy a yoga class or take a leisurely bike ride around the area before the wind turns on around noon.
The beach is just steps away from the casitas, so you can head down to the waterfront equipment lockers after lunch and go for either a light-wind foiling or SUP session before the wind picks up. In the afternoon, the wind will build up and be strong enough for a twintip and small kite session.
After your kiting sessions, you can grab a margarita at the bar and relax in an infinity pool overlooking a breathtaking view of the Sea of Cortez. Recount your day’s adventures over an authentic Mexican dinner and then head to bed to rest up for the next amazing day!
La Ventana is known a great winter kiting getaway because of the consistent winds from November through March. For the light wind days, La Ventana offers world class Spearfishing, Fishing, and SCUBA, as well as a delightful place to relax and enjoy incredible turquoise water, amazing sunrises and sunsets, and friendly Mexican culture.
Mention Green Hat Kiteboarding when you’re making your reservation, and receive Green Hat customer “extras.”
1. If you stay for 5 to 9 nights, everyone in your party will receive transportation for a daily downwinder and free use of a Stand Up Paddle board for your entire stay.
2. If you stay for 10 or more nights, you will get all of the extras above and 5 free dinners.
3. Bonus! You will also earn Green Hat dollars when you stay at Palapas Ventana. Just show us your reservation confirmation, and you can use your Green Hat dollars towards new equipment for your trip!
How to Get to La Ventana
From Newark EWR: direct flights from Newark EWR to San José del Cabo SJD are available on United. You can also fly to La Paz LAP, which is closer to La Ventana, but there are no direct flights.
From JFK: direct flights to San Jose del Cabo SJD are also available on United. No direct flights are available to La Paz.
From Logan: No direct flights to SJD. Most flights go through EWR or JFK on the way to SJD.
We’re happy to be partnering with Palapas Ventana this winter, and we think you’ll have a great time in Baja! But if you still need convincing about La Ventana, check out iKiteSurf Magazine’s article about the area! Happy Kiting! We’ll see you in Baja this winter!
Here’s how this works:
1. Book your Vacation with Palapas Ventana!
2. Mention “Green Hat” during booking to receive all the FREEBIES!
3. Email us your receipt and we’ll add 10% of your total to Green Hat Dollars on your GH account!